Ed Seghesio's Spinach, Veal & Parmesan Ravioli Filling
Pairs well with: Home Ranch Zinfandel
Ed is no stranger to the kitchen. He learned from his mother how to roll a perfect ravioli and this is what he remembers stuffing his raviolis with as a kid growing up on Home Ranch.
¾ lb fresh spinach (or 10 oz frozen spinach)
3 T butter
4 T onion, finely chopped
¾ lb ground veal
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook spinach until tender.
2. Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible. Chop finely.
3. Sauté onion in the butter until translucent.
4. Add ground veal; continue cooking over medium heat until browned.
5. In a bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
6. Season with salt and pepper.