Seghesio x Le Creuset x Carbone Fine Food
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND D.C., AGE 21 AND OLDER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR WHERE SPONSOR IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN REGULATORY APPROVALS OR DETERMINES THAT ENTRANT IS INELIGIBLE.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD:The entry period for the Mother’s Day Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on May 1st 2023 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and continues through May 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules (“Official Rules”).
- SPONSOR & PRIZE SUPPLIERS: Sponsored by Crimson Wine Group, Ltd. d/b/a Seghesio Family Wines, 5901 Silverado Trail, Napa, California 94558” (“Sponsor”). In addition to Sponsor, prizes for this Sweepstakes will be supplied by Le Creuset and Carbone Fine Food (collectively, the “Prize Suppliers”).
- 3. ELIGIBILITY:This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age (“Entrants”). This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law, or where Sponsor is unable to obtain regulatory approvals. The following persons are not eligible: (1) employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives of (a) the Sponsor; (b) the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor; (c) any entity involved in the production or administration of the Sweepstakes; (d) licensed alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers, or distributors; or (e) any parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any entity referred to in (a), (b), (c), or (d); and (2) immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related) and of any person referred to in (1) above. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER:To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://seghesio.com/MthersDayGiveaway, click the link to Mother’s Day Giveaway Sweepstakes and follow the instructions for entry. Entrants will be required to submit an email address and such other information as Sponsor may require. Entries must be completed and received during the Sweepstakes Period. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Each Entrant can only use one (1) email address/telephone number to register for, or otherwise participate in the Sweepstakes. If it is discovered that a person has attempted to (i) register more than one (1) time during the Sweepstakes Period; and/or (ii) use more than one (1) email address or telephone number to register for, or otherwise participate in, the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) such person may be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, telephone numbers and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable entries that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- PRIZE:Three (3) winner will receive:
- 1 Le Creuset 2 1.4QT Signature Saucepan (SRP $268)
- 1 Carbone Fine Food Variety 3 Pack of Sauces (SRP $32.99)
- 1 Carbone Fine Food Wooden Spoon (SRP $15).
- 1 Seghesio branded Hedley & Bennet Apron (SRP $77)
- 1 Seghesio Branded Wine Key (SRP $8)
- 1 Seghesio Visa Gift Card ($100)
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $500
ALCOHOL WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE.
The actual value of the prize depends on market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. If there is any differential between the stated ARV of the prize or any component thereof and the actual retail value of the prize or any component thereof, no additional cash or value equivalent will be awarded. All prize details that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which has the right to substitute the prize with a prize or prize component of equal or greater monetary value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If the winner declines any portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited, and no other prize component will be substituted. All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law.
- WINNER SELECTION:A potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about June 5, 2023. Odds of being selected are determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- NOTIFICATION:The entrant selected as the potential winner will be notified via phone call and/or email on or about June 8, 2023. In order to be eligible to receive the Prizes, the potential winner will be required to sign and return, within one (1) week of receipt, an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other documentation provided by Sponsor in connection with verification of the potential winner’s eligibility and confirmation of the releases and grant of rights set forth in these Official Rules. If the potential winner fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time and/or cannot or does not accept the prize as awarded for any reason, Sponsor has the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner (who will forfeit all rights to the prize) and to select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner so selected will be notified by via telephone or email (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential entrant, modified as necessary).
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably agrees that Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Licensees”) will have the right to use the Sweepstakes winner’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the winner, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for advertising, publicity and/or commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, via Sponsor’s website, social media channels, catalogs and other publications), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless each of the Licensees, all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes, each of the Prize Suppliers and all other companies involved in the provision of the prize or any component of the prize, and the directors, officers, employees and agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the use of the Website, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or any component of any prize or exercise of any rights granted to Sponsor in these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person. Each entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, the use of the Sweepstakes website or the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or any component of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with any Act of God, war, terrorism, accident, fire, strike, lock-out or other labor controversy, riot, civil disturbance, act of public enemy, law, enactment, rule, restraint, order or act of any governmental instrumentality or military authority, or other cause not reasonably within their control that may delay or prevent Sponsor from fulfilling its obligations pursuant to these Official Rules.
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules) and to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes or if for any other reason Sponsor is not able to conduct the Sweepstakes as planned (including without limitation in the event the Sweepstakes is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order). In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted on the Website and a random drawing will be conducted to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY PERSON INVOLVED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The use of agents or automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an agent or automated device, program or method. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to Sponsor, including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
- DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the provision, acceptance and/or use of any prize or prize component will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow restricting access to class actions. This provision will not apply to entrants who live in such a jurisdiction); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and (d) each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes will be an action at law for the recovery of monetary damages only, and in no event will the entrant have the right to enjoin or otherwise interfere with the exercise by the Licensees of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or terminate or rescind any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the respective rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in a state court located in Napa County in the State of California or in a federal court located in the Northern District of California, waiving any right to trial by jury, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to any of the foregoing. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Sweepstakes information provided elsewhere (including but not limited in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST:For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the winner, please send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Crimson Wine Group, Ltd. d/b/a Seghesio Family Wines, 5901 Silverado Trail, Napa, California 94558. (Requests must be received by June 10, 2024.)